o Mission – Volunteer Management Professionals of Canada advances and strengthens the profession of volunteer resources management.
o Vision – Volunteer Resources Management is recognized and respected as a leading profession of choice.
o VMPC members are committed to competence and effective leadership in the administration of volunteer resources across Canada.
o Individual membership shall be open to all salaried and non salaried persons who administer volunteer resources.
o Membership in the Association shall be open to persons interested in furthering the goals of the Association.
o Memberships paid for by organizations are transferable in cases of personnel change. Memberships paid for by individuals are not transferable.
o Members who are 30 days in arrears will be contacted by the Chair of Membership Services or the Treasurer. Members who are 60 days in arrears will be dropped from the membership database.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Professional and credible recognition with the only National professional association for those working in the field of Volunteer Management.
- National and international networking opportunities.
- Discount for the Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA)* credential – an internationally recognized standard in the profession.
- Subscription to the Canadian Journal of Volunteer Resources Management. (CJVRM).
- E-communiques and e-newsletters that keep members up-to-date on profession related information.
- Discounts for National conferences and educational opportunities.
- National voice at forums and roundtable discussions.
- Nationally recognized Professional Code of Ethics.
- Access to Members – only section of the website which includes Resource tools, Member Directory, Job Postings and Member’s Forum.
- Resources and support for the National Occupational Standards and the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement.
- Password information to access current issues of Canadian Journal of Volunteer Resource Management.
* Offered by the Council for Certification in Volunteer Administration, to apply for certification, please visit http://www.cvacert.org/certification.htm
For more information about VMPC, visit their website at www.vmpc.ca
AVR-SK is proud to be an affiliate of Volunteer Management Professionals of Canada. As an AVR-SK member, we can offer you a discounted membership to VMPC.